How to Pass the ATI TEAS 6 Exam
Are you thrilled at the possibility of starting a nursing or allied health program but anxious about the required entrance exams? Entrance exams can be terrifying, but don’t worry; we’re here to ease your fears and prepare you to ace the ATI TEAS 6 exam confidently!
What is the ATI TEAS exam?
The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills, also known as the ATI TEAS exam, is an entrance exam for nursing or allied health careers students. The purpose of the exam is to test an applicant’s basic understanding of four key subject areas before acceptance into a health sciences field of study.
For more information about free practice tests, please visit: https://nursehub.com/free-ati-teas-vi-practice-test/
The current version of the test available is version 6. Beginning on June 3, 2022, ATI will release a new version of the TEAS exam, version 7.
For more information about the upcoming TEAS exam version 7, please visit:
How long is the ATI TEAS Exam?
The ATI TEAS 6 exam consists of 170 questions, with an overall time limit of 209 minutes. All questions are formatted in multiple-choice, with 1 correct answer among the four choices. There are four key subject areas included in the exam: English & language usage, science, math, and reading. Each section includes pre-test questions. Pre-test questions are used for research purposes for future updates to the tests. The good news, these questions don’t count toward your overall score; however, you won’t know which questions are the “pre-test” questions.
Each section consists of the following number of questions, time limits for completion, and test content:
English & Language Usage:
28 questions, with a 28-minute time limit. Content in this area focuses on a general understanding of the standard English language and vocabulary questions. Try this Free ATI TEAS English & Language Usage Test to get a better idea of what the exam is like.
53 questions with a time 63-minute time limit. Questions in this section consist of life & physical science, anatomy & physiology, and scientific analysis. If you haven’t already, try our Free ATI TEAS Science Practice Test. It is a great way to see how prepared you are for the real test.
36 questions with a 54-minute time limit. Content in this section focuses on measurement & data interpretation, numbers, and algebra. Start practicing now with our Free ATI TEAS Math Practice Test!
53 questions with a 64-minute time limit. Topics in this section include key details & idea comprehension, sentence structure & craft, and application of knowledge and ideas. Try out our Free ATI TEAS Reading Practice Test! This will show you what the real test will look like.
How to register for the ATI TEAS 6 exam
To successfully register for the ATI TEAS 6 exam, make sure to do the following:
- Check necessary school requirements. Be aware of the types of TEAS exams accepted by the school, as well as important deadlines for testing and submission of test transcripts.
- Register for the testing method you prefer. TEAS offers four different methods for testing. Each test method is proctored, and no matter how you take the test, every applicant receives the same exam.
Exam methods include:
- In-person at an institution
- In-person exam offered at a PSI testing center with a proctor
- Online exam provided by an institution with a remote proctor
- Online exam proctored by ATI with a remote proctor
3. Choose your location, test date, and time. Once you register for the date that works best for your schedule, you are eligible to receive one transcript to send to a school. Additional transcripts can be purchased if applying to other programs.
How to study for the ATI TEAS 6 exam?
Adequate study and preparation before taking the TEAS exam are strongly encouraged. ATI recommends students spend at least 6 weeks preparing for the exam. Having sufficient study time is a proven strategy for ensuring success with this exam.
Make sure to check out our free tests offered at NURSEHUB. https://nursehub.com/free-ati-teas-vi-practice-test/
Subscribe to our email list to receive daily video questions with answers.
Having a community of fellow test takers is important as well. Please join our Facebook community of future nurses who are preparing for the same exam.
Sign up to become a premium member
- 2280++TEAS questions
- Reading and ELU Video Course. More courses are on the way!
- Our practice questions and test simulations mimic the real environment and feel of the exam, so you know what to expect on test day.
- Every question is explained step-by-step.
- 5 Full length timed practice tests for each subject on the TEAS.
- Detailed score reports that show you precisely what you need to work on.
- Question banks so you can work on your weak areas at your own pace.o Unlimited test retakes
ATI TEAS Test day!
So, the big day has arrived; time to show how much you’ve learned these past several weeks! Here are a few things to keep in mind on exam day.
- Ensure you’ve had adequate rest the night before.
- Have a well-balanced breakfast.
- Bring all necessary registration documents.
- Ensure you have proper internet and computer system requirements if testing online.
- Bring confidence and a positive attitude. You can do this!
While visiting NURSEHUB, don’t forget to follow us on TikTok & Instagram for ATI TEAS study and test-taking tips. You can also find more updates for the ATI TEAS 7 on Tik Tok & Instagram too.